0

Lazy Sunday

Posted by Elanor on 10:30 AM in
When I was a kid I used to hate Sundays, I thought they were so boring. My father spent his Sundaymorning training dogs, while my mother did the laundry. My brother and I watched the children's programs on television. Every single Sunday, after lunch, the same question presented itself: what are we going to do today? The answer was always the same: it's already 3p.m. let's just stay home...

Now that I and the Geek are both working full-time, our Sundays look very similar.  Just hanging out at our condo. Watching some telly, playing with the cat, spending time in bed, reading, ... just doing nothing. Our weeks are so filled with working and hobbies that we don't have the energy anymore to do all sorts of spectacular things on Sunday. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I go boxing, on Saturdays I have my music lessons and I visit my parents. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays friends come over.  I can hear our future kids already nag: what are we going to do??? And we will answer: nothing, my dear, just nothing, you will understand when you grow up! 

I suspect the guy who wrote the Bible was also working full-time!





0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Elanorology All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.